What you’ll need:
- Thin shaping foam
- Roll and cut mat
- green gum paste
- 9″ fondant roller with pink rings
- Wilton Rose Leaf Cutter
- Wilton Rose Callyx cutter
- Veining tool
- Gum paste glue adhesive
Making the Leaves
1. On a lightly dusted roll and cut mat, roll out green gum paste to less than 1/16 inch thick (use your pink guide rings, and once rolled out, remove the rings and continue to roll out).
2. Cut leaves using a Wilton Rose Leaf Cutter.
3. Place the leaf cut out on a lightly dusted thin shaping foam and using the small end of a veining tool, mark vein lines starting with the center line. Add secondary veins on both sides of the center vein, working from the outside in.
Making the Calyxes
1. Prepare the gum paste as you did for the leaves, rolling it less than 1/16 inch thick.
2. Cut with Wilton’s Rose Calyx Cutter. Brush calyx with gum glue adhesive and place on the bottom of your flower. For roses thread the calyx through the toothpick to the base of the rose and press on until secured.